Hello and welcome to my latest blog/newsletter
Over the past week we have set up some events and sent you out emails about these individually. This blog is practical information to help you boost your immunity in the next few months so that you are healthier for winter and less vulnerable to coughs, colds and flus.
The best cure is prevention.
We all know that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure…. so I want to share with you some really easy strategies that you can use today at home from your kitchen to help you stay well and reduce your risk factors for illnesses in the colder months. Basically the fastest way to get sick is to become vulnerable physically, emotionally and mentally which will send automatic triggers to your immunity to kick in and protect you. So it makes sense to protect your body as a whole. That is the connection between our mind, our emotions and our body are super important.
Look after your physical body with good clean natural and unprocessed foods. The logical approach is to eat fresh fruits and vegetables and clean proteins as your main diet. Reduce the processed foods and keep away from any artificial preservatives and additives. The simplest solution is to cook your own food at home as much as possible. When we prepare our own food we know the base ingredients and we also know where the food came from. We know that the food is cooked with the best we can get at the time. We also know that the person who cooked the food is healthy and this prevents the spread of local illnesses such as colds and flus in the cooler seasons.
Also add these ingredients to your food as often as possible….
- Garlic.… its the number one antimicrobial herb that works on killing any infections that are in the body as well as cleansing your blood and strengthening your whole system. Its a fabulous cardiovascular tonic and the number one herb to add to any meal that is savoury. If you add chlorophyl to the garlic it will rid the garlic breathe that often comes with this food. Eating garlic fresh is easy, just slice it up and add to cooking. You can add it to juices and salads raw too. Raw fresh local garlic is my favourite and I do avoid buying imported garlic as much as possible. Gardeners its almost time to plant yours for the season. Simply pop a small hole in the ground and add a clove of garlic, cover with soil and then look after by watering and fertilising through the winter and spring. Then on the longest day of he year its ready, dig up the garlic and you have your own organic garlic at home.
- Ginger.… Stimulates circulation, clears the body of poisons, works as a deep cleanser for all cellular activity and research is showing this herb to be a great anti cancer preventative…. Its a great antiinflammatory and a fabulous allergy relief herb that really works on the liver and clears out many old toxins whilst strengthening the body. Its really warming and great for mental function. Ginger can be grated into meals and can be used during cooking and also added afterwards.. We love hot ginger lemon honey drinks.. Simply take a bulb of ginger and grate into your tea pot, add a blob of honey and some fresh lemon. This is wonderful to clear the lymphatic system and decongest the whole respiratory tract.
- Turmeric, all those awesome antioxidants are really beneficial in the cooler season… warming and also great to kill pathogens of all sorts.. eat turmeric everyday and you will stay well. All of these foods I’m mentioning here are really great daily additions to your diet. Turmeric works on your mind and body detoxing the phase two pathway in the liver it removes long built up hormones and old medications plus helps your hormones be balanced with excess estrogens being deleted. Turmeric has so much great research in many health aspects.. pain relief, inflammation reducing and also super protective for the whole body.
- Chilli.. yes chilli is wonderful , in the digestive tract it will kill most viruses and bacterial infections within 24 hours of eating it. It gets down to the large intestine and kills off any festering pathogens that are waiting to grow and develop illness in your body.. Just a small amount of chilli added to meals will also boost your metabolism which helps your body rid itself of illnesses faster.
- Chamomile…. add chamomile tea to your daily regime especially at night so you can sleep well. Its also really antimicrobial and helps the respiratory tract reduce ailments.. great as a cough preventative too.
There are many herbs we use in the herbal dispensary in the form of medicine… Andrographis, echinacea, ganoderma mushroom, olive leaf, cats claw, astragalus, tulsi, elderberry, thyme, sage to name a few. We make some beautiful formulas for you to help you stay healthy. Please talk with us if you would like some assistance
There are loads of recipes in my books. THE MAGIC OF FOOD AS MEDICINE
The Wellness Zone is now out of print as we have sold out. You can get your own e version on our web site for free or by donation. Your choice. This book is 360 pages of awesome inforation about hoe to empower yourself to be well. I would love you to download it and enjoy this work. There is so much more information about garlic in there too and many recipes.
Here are our upcoming events
BYRON SPIRIT FESTIVAL MARCH 31st till April 2nd
I will be presenting four times at Byron Spirit Festival from the 31st March till the 2nd April at our sponsored Food as Medicine Venue. Located right next to The Medicineroom stall. We will be open from 9am till 5pm daily and will provide our free naturopathic clinics there and our free herbal first aid service. Come and say hello.
IF YOU ORDER FROM OUR WELLNESS SHOP THIS WEEK, OR VISIT US, ORDER VIA EMAIL YOU CAN GO IN THE DRAW FOR A FULL FESTIVAL PASS TO BYRON SPIRIT FESTIVAL FROM 31st MARCH TILL 2nd APRIL VALUED AT $240. WINNER DRAWN ON SAT March 25th .
Pain and inflammation workshop Weds April 26th 2017
THE PLANTING FESTIVAL WOODFORDIA APRIL 28th till 30th
The medicineroom stall will be operating with our free clinics and services.. we are also planning to take in the herbal elixir bar so we can make you nourishing and delicious herbal drinks, chai and golden milk. I will be holding some wonderful free workshops there too in THE GROVE venue. We will be open from 9am till 9pm daily… Come and say hello.
Nutritional Medicine for digestion workshop June 18th Maleny
HIGH VIBES ON THE MOUNTAIN JAN 20th and 21st 2018
May you walk in your light each day , developing your life in a beautiful way that enhances your wellness and joy.
Blessings and have a great day
WEEKLY KUNDALINI YOGA CLASSES IN MALENY.
Each Weds afternoon at 4pm we meet at Maleny Yoga Centre ( located in the rainforest complex downstairs) for my class. $10 per person. No bookings needed. We will be there for all of March and April, May.
we have our online shop too. http://www.medicicineroom.net
Best wishes and with Love
Master Health Promotion
Award winning herbalist , naturopath and health advocate.
phone me 0409765033